Monday, June 1, 2009

Where I was born and where I live

A view of Aalen, the place where I actually live

I was born in Heidenheim a town of about 50,000 inhabitants in the East of Baden-Wuerttemberg and about 55 Miles (on the road) from Stuttgart. In 1994 I moved to Aalen where my wife is from and where we have been living since with our two kids. Aalen is also a middle town with about 60,000 inhabitants.

A storm-probed pine tree in the higlands of the Swabian Alb

Aalen is not far from my birthplace. In fact, my new place is just 10 Miles as the crow flies from where I used to live before. From my windows I have a nice view to the edge of the Swabian Alb, the higlands between the Danube and the Swabian Forest which is north of Aalen.

A small village on the Haertsfeld which is the part of the Swabian Alb east of Aalen

Although we have a lot of industries here in our area it is merely a rural area with little villages, farmland and lots of woods. Quality of life is quite high here because although there is a lot of jobs here the area is not overcrowded like the surroundings of Stuttgart or other congested urban areas in Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment